Friday, September 27, 2013
Please see the registrants for this year's Nu-Race Trail Run.
Watch Out for Brian Polen 50 K participant. He is out for the course record for the 50 K.
5K - http://racesplitter.com/races/B3E6DCBC5
25K - http://racesplitter.com/races/3E1394712
50K - http://racesplitter.com/races/D0FF04DAB
The Nu-Race Trail Run aka Fuzzy Fandango will be held on November 9th, 2013 at Mohican Resort and Conference Center.
Thursday, September 12, 2013
1. How many Aide Stations will you have?
- We will have 4 Aide Stations on the 25 K course.
- 50 K runners will run the 25 K course twice, therefore you will have 8 Aide Stations.
- 5 K runners will not have any stations.
2. What will be at the Aide Stations?
- We will have water and a sports drink (gatorade or something similar)
- We will have salty snacks and m & m's
- We will not have any Gu, Hammer or Replenishment Products at this time - although we are working on a sponsorship for this.
3. Is the course mostly trail or are there roads?
- The course is comprised of a combination of trails ie. hiking trails, horse trails, mountain bike trails and forest service roads.
- Part of the course will bring you onto private property.
4. Are there awards?
- We will have awards for overall finishers in each category.
- Top 3 Female/Male for 5k, 25k, 50k
- No awards for age divisions
- We will also be giving away 5 certificates for INOV8 Shoes - This will be a random drawing.
5. How is the race timed?
- The race will be timed with Race Splitter based on clock time.
- We will not have chips.
6. Are there any pre or post race meals or parties?
- We do not have pre or post party meals or parties planned.
- We do have a Keg from The Wooster Brewery on Tap for Post Race Finishers.
- We will also have Vegan Chili.
7. What does the race support?
- The Nu Race Supports Camp Nuhop, a residential summer camp for children with learning disabilities, ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorders) and attention deficit disorders as well as our outdoor education programs.
8. What is the race shirt like?
- All racers will receive a Brooks Long Sleeved Tech Shirt.
Monday, September 9, 2013
COURSE MAP - TENTATIVE . . . BUT CLOSE
Below you will find the tentative course map as of Sept. 9th, 2013.
The 25 K and 50 K will include some additional trails on private property that is not shown on this topographic map.
The 50 K Runner will do the 25 K course twice.
Stay tuned for more details.
25 K/ 50 K